Thursday 14 January 2016

Lack of Horizons

Luis thinks I am nuts and making it up, but I am sure the lack of horizon this last week is causing my all round grumpy mood.  It has been rainy and cold for the entire week and generally this weather gets to me but there is an added element that makes it a little worse (for me anyways).  We live on the side of a mountain and our view across the city is of another mountain, and in the sunshine this is beautiful.  But the last week the clouds do not go above the other mountain and it sort of feels like I am in a bowl with a lid on top.  As someone slightly claustrophobic anyways, I am finding it a little stressful.  It is funny, last year it never got like this, it rained but never so foggy.  To combat this blue feeling I have been a cooking machine.  I have made an Indian curry (from scratch I may add), a zoodles Pad Thai and last night a Jamie veggie chili.  All were pretty fabulous, I used the recipe properly and included all ingredients (what a difference this makes!).
 Pre Luis beans
 Chili with Luis's 4 hour beans
This is my daily view, or even worse when it is a bit brighter but the clouds do not go above the mountain.

No comments:

Post a Comment