Wednesday 20 January 2016

WLC Third Time

This is my third Whole Life Challenge and I continue to love it.  Mainly as it is a bit competitive and introduces new challenges every week.  It started last Saturday and this weeks task is to keep a reflective journal that we write in for ten minutes every day.  Ten minutes feels like a long time, but have enjoyed doing it every night.  Anyways, I decided today to write my daily reflection on here. 
There are so many things to reflect on, the first few entries into my new journal were more about what I am thankful for and once I got into about loads of things.  My upcoming (when I say upcoming I mean five months away) wedding keeps me up late at night and frequently enters my dreams.  Writing my fears, worries or things I need to do down has helped calm me down.  So today's worries, well the invite list has me sleepless.  I just need to realise we can only have who we can and probably I will end up offending at least one person.  I mean you cannot have everyone, as much as we would like too.  Nonetheless, I find the whole process stressful.
Another thing I often reflect on is my job.  Sometimes days I totally love it and others I walk away in tears wondering what in the world I am doing it for.  I think we often have an inflated opinion of our role in children's lives, I hope I am remembered fondly by my students but not sure I am going to make any great changes or influence someone so much.  Right now we are busy writing comments and I sometimes wonder if the time and effort I put into each one is ever noticed.  
Now my fun bit, I have been documenting my new 'chef' skills.  Really this challenge, over time, has turned me into a cooking machine.  This week I have made several veggie curries from scratch and they just keep getting better and better.  Below is a picture of my latest creation, lentil and aubergine curry, rally was so good.
Okay yippee, reached my ten minutes! Now I can get those five points for today!
  Think it looks a little worse than it tastes!

No comments:

Post a Comment