Monday 18 January 2016

Horizons and Lunch

Finally a change in the weather, the clouds lifted, I could see the skyline again and had a nice weekend.  Nothing too special Friday and Saturday, Luis had Friday night off, which I guess in itself is special, Whole Life Challenge began again on Saturday, what was special though was Sunday.  One of my students parents invited me and a few other teachers to lunch to say thank you for all the work we do with his daughter.  His daughter, Manxin, is fairly amazing, polite, hard working and most of all determined.  They came from China two years ago, her with zero English and she has come leaps and bounds since then.  It was so nice to have lunch with her family, get to know them and feel really appreciated.  This was a first for me and a lunch I probably will not forget for a long time.  



Followed with play time in the park.  A good weekend and now back to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment