Sunday 16 March 2014

Master Hikers

I am feeling pretty healthy and tired right now after a weekend full of hikes with Karen (well almost healthy, just ignoring the bubbles on the Rhine on Friday and the few ciders last night). On Saturday we hiked up Wasserfallen in record time (1500 metres steep climb), and today we went to Todtmoos in the Black Forrest for an extra long hike over all types of terrain.   I came home very hungry, made myself an 'Amanda Pad Thai' (basically nothing like a Pad Thai, and most would not love it, but I do), and trying my best to resist the temptation to go and join Suzanna in town for another  unhealthy treat..
 






Two beautiful days, a great way to end my week long holiday. 

2 comments:

  1. Hi :)
    I am coming to Basel next Saturday just for the day and was looking to walk up and down Wasserfallen - there isn't much information online about walking it only about going up in the cable car, roughly how long would you say it takes?
    Thanks x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there, it is definitely way better to hike up. There are two routes, one that is much steeper, and takes about an hour (depending on fitness), the other about one and a half hours and less steep (this one I use to take down). It is beautiful and I miss hikes there very much! Enjoy! x

    ReplyDelete