Friday 25 May 2012

German Efficiency

So although I do not believe in stereotyping people, I guess there must be some reason that different countries get different reputations.  And I have now seen the reputed German efficiency first hand and believe me it is impressive.   Last night was a a great night, after what seemed like an eternal wait, Suzanna finally moved in with Lola and myself.  And believe me did she move in, in just under three hours, she managed to do the following:
- move her entire bedroom in, as if she had lived there for months
- put up lights in both bedrooms (been meaning to do that since August)
- put up curtain rail and shower curtain in second bathroom (again meaning to do this since August)
- unplug the shower drain (been showering up to my knees for about three months)
- clean the bathroom so you could eat off the floor (I am just not very good at cleaning)
I then returned home and she asked me how I organised the kitchen, well I have no organisation I just make sure everything fits in (I think this almost caused a coronary), but I suspect my system maybe about to change.  I am off  today for the long weekend, and I think Suzanna is just as excited as I am, she will have the flat to herself to organise and I will be sipping champagne in Bucharest...
Welcome Suzanna, we are going to have a brilliant time!  Lots of tea to be drunk!

No comments:

Post a Comment