Friday 28 October 2011

My Castle

Okay, so I do not have a castle yet, but I am aspiring to have one one day.  Since coming here I have fallen in love with them and do not really understand why more people do not live in them.  They are big, beautiful, you can live with several families, usually stunning locations and if you wanted to be authentic you could even have a moat.  And how great would a moat be, no more door to door sales people, religious fanatics (no problem with people having one btw but not on a Saturday morning at my door), in laws, well basically you could prevent any unwanted visitors.  Anyways, I took Shelagh and Jack (my current visitors from Bruton) to a castle in the Black Forrest in Germany last night.  It was beautiful, especially with the stunning fall colours.  I could imagine where I would put all my furniture and how I would decorate (once all the walls were reinstalled). 
However, walking around it was pointed out to me that castles are extremely cold.  This caused a sleepless night, as I do not do cold, hate cold, always feel cold.  By this morning I realised that this was actually not a problem.  As really when I have enough money to have a castle I am guessing I could afford the heating and if I had to build my own castle it would most certainly be somewhere that I would not heating (may be better idea, and if by the sea I could have easy access to a shark for my moat).




No comments:

Post a Comment