Sunday 16 October 2011

Fantastic Interlaken/Mean Cable Car man


Today Amy, Ainsley, Lola and myself travelled South to Interlaken, the most beautiful place I have been since moving here (possibly ever, except Barbados, Bruton and Acton of course ;) ). We explored the lovely city (there are two beautiful lakes either side and mountains surrounding), then drove up the most treacherous road ever to get to a cable car (was so nervous I was going to drive baby over a cliff, fairly scary, tried not to show it though!). 
When we got to the top, we tried to pay our fare, and the not so nice cable car jobs worth man basically yelled at us, as we only had Euros.  I tried to give him Euros at par (great deal) but he rudely refused.  Luckily, a nice lady instead let me buy some off her.  After this grumpy experience we reached the top, we sat down, ordered two beers, took our sips and then remembered £$%&^£ we had no bloody Francs still!!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment