Thursday 13 October 2011

Sleeping Dogs

The first full day in Burgundy was lovely.  A four hour walk produced the most tired dogs I have ever seen.  On this same walk Patrick, Brian and Ellie discoverd some extremely rare mushrooms that can lead to a very slow painful death if digested (I wanted proof of this, but there were no volunteers).  Instead of this walk, I took Amy into Autun for some shopping at the exact times that all the shops closed for the afternoon (we did manage a nice lunch though).  Later in the evening Patrick took me and Ellie to see a near by castle, but upon arrival to the town we discovered there was no castle (luckily the drive was extremely beautiful).  The night time was full of loads of food and games (girls won!).  Looking forward to today :)
No castle, but lots of lovely French cows

In an earlier post I suggested I maybe becomoing a
grown up.  When looking through the mushroom book to
find the name of the rare mushroom found, I could not help
but take a photo of this one.  Clearly, not a grown up just yet!


No comments:

Post a Comment