Thursday 16 May 2019

Lola Love

In Lola's golden years, she has become amazingly loving.  It is quite incredible, she seems to not only tolerate other dogs but even seems to like a few.  She also wants to cuddle not only when I am feeling sad but seems happy to all the time.  It is actually pretty amazing and something I have waited for for almost 14 years!
However, last night was a night that i really needed the cuddles.  A colleague of mine died after a motorcycle accident on Monday.  It has been a huge shock to me and of course the entire school community.  It has been so strange to come to school and not see him and quite unbelievable that he was just here last week.  Last night was one of the prayer nights (all part of the funeral), particularly put on for the school and the students and at the very last minute I was told I could not go as the temple would not allow pregnant women.  I felt horrible as I work very closely with his wife and well just wanted to be there.  It has certainly been a reminder not to sweat the small things and live life to the fullest.  But certainly a terrible way to be reminded.

No comments:

Post a Comment