Wednesday 29 May 2019

Khao Soi Kim

My new knick name for Kim, is going to have to be Khao Soi Kim.   She had Jacqui and myself over for an early birthday dinner (for Jacqui) last night and she made the most amazing Khao Soi ever.  Khao Soi is a dish from Northern Thailand and not overly available in the restaurants in Phuket, but also a favourite of many.  She made a truly authentic Khao Soi making the entire thing from scratch.  
 The birthday girl
 The hostess, she had everything set up for sunset on her balcony..
 ...a beautiful evening
 We were told to wear birthday glam, I barely squeezed into this dress.
 Kim explaining her master piece
 The food!
My dress was a bit ambitious and after eating I think I almost exploded out of it so Kim gave me this much more comfortable one.  We are going to have to travel a far way next school year to get the sort of food we did last night, but we are up for a trip to Japan to get some more of Kim's cooking.

No comments:

Post a Comment