Thursday 1 February 2018

Wimbledon 2019

My list of 40 things to do this year was back benched for the past few months for obvious reasons.  Therefore, I have extended my year to include my 41st year and at the top of my list is tennis.  I suspect that no one walks away from the death of a loved one without regrets or wishes and I have not either.  One of the things I so desperately wish is that I let my Dad buy me a tennis racket.  He was so thrilled I was taking it up again and really wanted to buy me one, when I went to visit.  But the day we went to look for the racket, I got grumpy at the not so helpful and impatient staff and refused to get one.  I know he was disappointed and I just thought that we would buy one another time with happier helpful staff.  I was sure we could do it at Christmas.  But of course I was wrong and I just really wish I had let him now as I know it meant a lot.  Therefore, I am now going to become the best tennis player ever and hope that he is able to watch from somewhere.  Based on my tennis lesson today, this could take some time...
Luckily, I have a pretty fabulous (patient) coach, Rachna.  I was fairly impressed I did not throw the racket tonight as had some frustrating moments.  Overall I loved it and thinking possibly Wimbledon 2019.. Or maybe 2020..

No comments:

Post a Comment