Saturday 24 February 2018

Finally Weekend

After a wonderful time away, I returned to a crazy busy week at work.  In fact the work week felt a few hours long.  I think, very unlike, my return after winter break, I was ready to be at work and realised how much I had not done in the last few months.  I actually find it hard to believe I was back at work at the beginning of January, looking back I think I was probably not the most ineffective teacher ever.  But I came back after half term ready and this made the week pretty full on.
Before I knew it the weekend was here and I had made no plans. Luis calls me his social butterfly and was pretty amazed I had not to tried to line up something for us to do Saturday.  Instead I surprised him by planning a relaxing day with my L's by the pool and then out for some dinner.
This pretty much sums up our entire Saturday afternoon.  I even went in the pool for a while, something that rarely happens.  I read my book, took in a little sun, the perfect afternoon.


 We also want to stay pretty close to Lola Cola, who looks pretty happy here but is sick again.  The blood parasite was not ever killed off and this week she got very ill (another sleepless night).  Poor thing is back on all her meds, and hoping now she makes a full recovery.
We ate in our favourite Tatonka.  Lola enjoys it there too, the staff all treat her wonderfully and she always gets some snacks.  A wonderful, relaxing Saturday.  So now I am thinking, what can I get up to today after a Friday and Saturday night of not doing much?!

No comments:

Post a Comment