Tuesday 31 January 2017

Mae's Restaurant

I mentioned that I am compiling a list of things to do in my 40th year.  One of the things I am going to do is write a travel article reviewing all the best Green curries on the island.  As a veggie, it is pretty much the ONLY thing I eat at every Thai restaurant.  So I thought maybe I could become quite an expert on the subject.  It really is the only thing that I can have that I can request without fish sauce (papaya salad, Pad thai and many more it is insisted that it will ruin the taste without it).  Therefore, I must have had fifty since I have arrived.  Even my favourite veggie restaurant that definitely does not use fish sauce and has loads of options, I still always have their green curry.  I am now starting my list for my article that I will write sometime later this year and realised how little I have blogged about my surroundings and discoveries in Phuket.  So last night when we went to our favourite Thai restaurant, that thankfully also happens to be 3 minutes away, I thought I should write about Mae's.
Mae's is a must if staying in the Bang Tao, Lugana area on holiday. It is simple, cheap and every dish (so I have been told as obviously I stick to my curry) is fantastic.  She is not hard to find if you know where it is, but there is no sign in front which actually probably helps keep it a little less crowded.
 A cute little set up, water on all the tables, some napkins and a few friendly local dogs.
 My green curry
 Today it was a bit spicy for me, but still managed to eat every last bit. Really is the best one on the island so far.
The staff know us and Lola quite well now as we are there at least a couple times a week.  But at 3-4 pounds for a dinner for two of amazing food you cannot really go wrong.  When you visit we shall take you here!

No comments:

Post a Comment