Friday 30 October 2015

Halloween and Niki

I do not know when Halloween became such a big holiday in North America, but it seems like an actual proper celebration now, like people wishing each other to have a 'Happy Halloween'.  I remember it just being a day about dressing up and candy one night, and really for kids.  The last time I was in Canada I could not believe the decorations and the hype around it.  It is not celebrated in Ecuador but as I do work at an American school and there are a few Canadians too, it is definitely not going to be missed.  I am not sure how I feel about the new Halloween status, think it is a bit Hallmark, but as I do love fancy dress then guess not all bad.  
The theme of wine club last night was Halloween, not scary Halloween, just wear a costume Halloween. I boringly recycled my bumble bee costume from 'Bye Bye Basel', but it brought back some fabulous memories. 
To make the night even better, Niki (my Aunt in Barbados's cousins daughter, or something like that), joined me.  She is travelling South America is spending some time with us, she just got back from having a brilliant holiday in Galapagos and hopefully will join me at the beach.




 Sushi, Waldo and a flower
Garth our hostess.   A lovely night, she went over the top with food and drinks, but I am beginning to learn that this is the Ecuadorian way.  Now counting down to the beach!! Yippee!

No comments:

Post a Comment