Friday 24 July 2015

Buying a Car in Ecuador

If you plan to do this please prepare yourself for the most ridiculous process, in I feel almost safe to say the entire world. Ten months on from handing money over for my car and I still do not technically own it, and not for the lack of trying.
But today's ridiculousness was the icing on the cake. Three hours in I cannot tell you how many queues, various mini fines for what ever reason to pay, and the best was renting a first aid kit and triangles from stand outside place (as directed by inspector) to pass that test.
Finally we made it to the big queue, where we had all papers ready, where I was sure I was going to own my car, but nope the lady with ridiculous fake eye lashes dashed my dreams, she demanded I go to a bank to pay $6 and return Monday. My level of frustration is high and I can say the only thing stopping me from demanding we go, is the fabulous $8 hair cut I had this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment