Saturday 11 July 2015

50 and 75

Last night we celebrated my Aunt and Uncles 50th wedding Anniversary and my Uncles 75th birthday. As someone recently engaged (wow, I was really unsure I would ever say those words!) I can only hope that my marriage is half as happy as theirs after 50 years (and also that I am still alive and kicking to see it). I enjoyed hearing all the stories about their courting, engagement and marriage. I especially loved that Auntie Jillian's father threw her a huge 21st birthday party as he felt so badly she was so old and not married (both other sisters married at 18). If he had been my father, I would have had a huge 21st, 25th, 30th and 35th!









Of course it was a great night out and anyone who has visited me here knows that a night out with my family could go no other way!


No comments:

Post a Comment