Thursday 26 June 2014

Operation Fun

Well I have survived (not that there was any doubt) to explain why I did not eat or drink at staff BBQ. In fact, I have not eaten anything in 38 hours (bar piece of a biscuit that Pia kindly cleaned up after my body rejected it). I came yesterday for a surgery that I have been fighting/organising to get done for a couple months (to avoid having in Ecuador). Although they have been lovely to me here in hospital during my stay, I am hoping that most patients have not had to go through what I have had to (very hard to get organised and now they have not really done what was really meant to be done). I am sure this can happen anywhere, so my advice to everyone having any surgery is
1) do not assume the right hand has talked to the left and your files are up to date
2) insist on talking to surgeon before op
3) ask loads of questions and even make sure it is written down
4) if in land with foreign language try and always have someone who can help with translations.
5) and if all else fails just keep getting more refills of morphine ;)
All is ok now and I am resting and have been spoilt with visitors. I am sure it will all get sorted, but nonetheless it is slightly frustrating.

I have fabulous friends, in fact Pia broke the rules and stayed almost three hours after visiting hours (hoping there is not a warrant out for her arrest now), and I appreciate all of them so much!



No comments:

Post a Comment