Saturday 7 June 2014

Berlin Sights

It is just after 6pm and I have already walked 20km seeing some of what Berlin has to offer (think it would take a few hundred more to get a full picture). A gorgeous (possibly even a little hot for me day), I have checked many things off my list but still a ways to go.


The victory column

Brandenburg Gates, completed in 1791, it is one of the most famous sights in Berlin.



The Russian memorial (was hoping Putin might drop by and I could have a word with him, no such luck).




Jewish memorial


The topography of terror (completely moving, just beyond belief that this sort of evil existed in modern history, and obviously still does).


The Wall


Checkpoint Charlie
Berlin has it all, even a river, not the Rhine (think Rhine wins) but still has bars and lots of old naked men too :)

No comments:

Post a Comment