Saturday 9 November 2013

Fondue Fun...

I live in a great place, it is beautiful, safe, centrally located, and for these reasons and many more I know I am lucky. But like anywhere it is not perfect and I think I have been here long enough to voice some home truths without the threat of deportation. The truth is I hate fondue, I hate the smell, I hate the taste, I hate the way everyone claims to love it and somehow they believe it makes them more 'Swiss' (in fact I think the Swiss have marketed it brilliantly and really do not love it as much as they claim to). However, as much as I hate it and see it as more of a heart attack in a bowl than food, I do love the way it brings a party together and the concept of sharing.
But no matter my opinion and thoughts on the matter it is still a pretty popular thing to do here, and more importantly the way Patrick decided to celebrate his birthday.
I had a great evening (even feeling a prego tummy for the first time) and although I still despise fondue I am looking forward to my second fondue night of the season in a few hours (again more for the people than the 3000 calories going straight to my hips).

No comments:

Post a Comment