Wednesday 6 November 2013

Bloody Beer Club

Pretty much every month I post about the Basel Ladies Wine club, but I am unsure if I mentioned that I also started a ladies wine club in Bruton several years ago.  Well I did, and loads of men always claimed that they would start an equivalent beer club or something like that and of course it never happened.  They could never get it together, or realised that as they were in the pub daily there was really no point.  So here when some of the men started threatening a beer club I thought it was safe to put a bit of a wager on it.  Well annoyingly they have recently had their second monthly meeting, and if they reach a third one before Christmas I will have to pay up to my assistant coach, Mr. Guy Thomas (to be fair he is not really my assistant anymore, but I still insist he calls me coach).
I am fairly confident that he has organised this just to spite me, even worse they even have amazing tasting notes and everything.  I must say I was pretty impressed (jealous) when I saw what they had produced.  And just to add isult to injury, we have had to cancel November's ladies wine club as too many of us are busy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment