Thursday 4 July 2013

The Three Old Dears

I am very excited to say that the three old dears arrived safely yesterday from their various destinations (South Africa, Canada and Barbados). And am especially excited that my first decision in trying to create the best trip ever was the right one. Having all traveled at least 12 hours, plus time differences, I thought it was a bit risky to have even a small dinner party. But I could not have been more wrong.

The three old dears would put most people half their age to shame.  They not only managed to stay awake for the late dinner start, but also managed to drink me dry (no small feat) and stay awake to some ridiculous time.  A big welcome to Di, Aunty Jillian and Aunty Janice, although we managed to cover most topics last night I am sure we will find something else to talk about over the next 18 days, so excited to have you!

No comments:

Post a Comment