Sunday 14 July 2013

Last Day in Basel

Well today the Old Dears spent their last day in Switzerland in the Black Forrest in Germany. In fact, when people ask them what they thought of Switzerland they will probably describe my flat as really besides a drive through the country we spent most days somewhere else!  First stop was a quaint little town called Schopfheim, beautiful colourful streets and homes.  We then wove our way back to Basel through the Forrest making a stop in  Bad Sackingen, next we stopped and had a gourmet picnic (well I thought so ;)) along the Rhine.  Even though things did not go according to the original plan, I have had a brilliant time with the Aunties and have enjoyed showing them around. All the outings reminded me of what beautiful places I have on my doorstep and when I return next month I plan to explore much more. It is now 6am and we are all busy getting ready for our next destination, this time a wee but further...

No comments:

Post a Comment