Wednesday 1 February 2012

Reflection

This morning I checked my post box and found a post card from myself, which at first was a bit mind boggling and then I remembered that the course leader in Barcelona made us write one to ourselves and would post it in a few months.  I had written a list of things I wanted to do, both personally and professionally, some I have done, some I have not.  What I also realised that today is my six month anniversary in Basel.  So these two things started me thinking about my time here.  It has been great in so many ways and I am so lucky to have met lovely people, teach at such a good school, and live in between three countries.  But have no doubt I miss people terribly in the UK (and all over actually) and have wondered why I have done this to myself three times.  I miss my friends, my sister, my father, my family, my pub and so much more.  But it has been a great learning experience and I have been lucky to have so many visitors.  I have learnt a lot about myself, about teaching, and one lesson that I have learnt in a big way this week is that it is not just wet damp cold that I really do not like (think I told myself that in the UK), I am not a fan of any type of cold, even pretty snow covered Switzerland cold.
There is twice as much as snow today, and Lola
refused to walk today.




1 comment:

  1. Upon further reflection, I have decided not to be a snow hater. Looking out my window, I must admit snow covered Switzerland is looking fairly beautiful. Maybe i should just admire from inside, in front of roaring fire or maybe even in a hot tub.

    ReplyDelete