Monday 6 February 2012

-18

On Sunday I woke up to read on face book that the temperature in Basel was -18C.  Now these were not the temperatures that I signed up for (apparently Basel has a micro climate that keeps it relatively warm) and certainly not for this length of time.  I probably should be use to it, as Canadian winters are not known for being warm, but I am not or I have forgotten just what it feels like.  But I am sick of complaining and frankly think most people in Basel are sick of it too.  So me and Lola decided to go for a long walk and rediscover the joys of winter.  We went on a lovely walk and saw loads of children having a great time sledging, ice skating and throwing snow balls (to be fair most adults accompanying these children did not look as thrilled).  And you know what we ended up having a nice time, Lola running through the fields, I got speaking to some other dog owners, and it was actually pretty beautiful.  Do I want still want spring to start tomorrow?  Absolutely, but maybe cold sunny winter days are not so bad after all..
Sledging right near my flat


Ice-skating just down the road (will try when warmer)

No comments:

Post a Comment