Monday 27 February 2012

Day Two

Considering my surfing career is on hold (until I stop being such a wimp), I decided to go back to the career I know best, teaching.  So I went to an after school program at a local school that a friend (Bajan) of mine runs.  It is a middle (ages 11 to 13) school in a Hispanic community and I thought I could be of some use but had forgotten just how shy I can be (honestly, not just with the adults but the kids too).  It was good to see, as you may imagine a state school in a Hispanic part of America, is more than a bit different than the school I currently teach in...
But as I was not really any help there and my surfing needs about a 20 degree water temp increase, I think I will try the next best thing tomorrow...
You can barely see them, but these are the brave ones...

Part of a classroom, very warm feeling full of character

View of the school

No comments:

Post a Comment