Saturday 27 March 2021

Spot the Champagne

We have a motto in our lady's wine club, it is sort of a secret but part of it says a wine club member must not call bubbles champagne unless it is from France.  It is a huge pet peeve of mine and I am all about educating people about this fact.  It occurred to me that I should probably prove my point therefore Thursday's wine club theme was 'spot the champagne'.  I had a secret tasting with Champagne, prosecco, cava, cheap sparkling wine, and a Californian named (illegally) Champagne.  I was super happy that almost everyone chose the champagne correctly, Alison got every single one right winning her a bottle of bubbles.  As it was Champagne night I asked all to dress up a little bit.  Everyone looked beautiful.








It was a fantastic night.  I have been hosting wine clubs for almost 15 years and I can say it never gets old.

No comments:

Post a Comment