Sunday 7 March 2021

First Toddler 'Moment'

What a week?!  I feel like I have had not had two seconds for anything until today.  We had parent conferences this week which meant even more hours looking at our computers.  I really cannot stand looking at myself in these meetings, by the end of the even I feel that I aged a decade.  It is certainly one of the many things I will not miss about online teaching.  To treat ourselves during this busy week I ordered us dinner from our favourite vegan cafe.  I arrived just as they were closing (I had preordered) and instead of just picking up my food and going on my way I asked about a smoothie for Sebastian.  The owners are Axel's parents (his BFF), so I felt bad as I know they were just about to go but they insisted as Sebastian loves them.   And that was where the disasters started.  First, Nakita accidentally put almond milk and Sebastian is allergic.  I told her it was really not a problem and not to make another.  But she would not hear of it, went and cleaned the blender as I could see her husband thinking he just wanted to get home to his son.  She handed it to me and it took about 30 seconds before Sebastian knocked it out of my hand (by accident) and it went flying everywhere.  

I only thought to take a picture after Emilio started cleaning it up but it was all over the wall across as well.  I then say I must pay and get out before something else happens.  I barely get the words out and I hear smash, glass flying everywhere, Sebastian has knocked a candle from the display cabinet.  Not any candle, but a 35 dollar candle (at this point I would have paid a lot more for it, I was so embarrassed).  So now there is smoothie and glass everywhere.

Here is our lovely new candle, a bit unsafe due to the glass edges but I am burning it.  I must say it does smell nice, so that is something.  
  

No comments:

Post a Comment