Tuesday 23 April 2019

42

Nothing too different about being 42 so far, except for the fact that it seems one step closer to 50 really.  It was a different birthday celebration from most, I am not really sure why but for someone who usually loves birthdays I was not really feeling it.  However, I am tremendously thankful to all my friends and family who reached out across the world to wish me a happy birthday and those here in Phuket who made me feel very special.  And of course Luis and Lola who I am always thankful for and spoilt me rotten as always. 

 In the morning I went to see a turtle release at our local beach.  It was done fairly poorly really, so hope they all survive.
 Kim made me this fabulous card.  I think Lola looks just like Lola, love it!
 Luis had this lovely cake made for me, and although wasn't with me, organised a friend to give it to me which was lovely.
Kim also made me this delicious vegan cake.  It was so good, I was so super impressed.

And then on Monday Leica had an ice cream cake for me in the staff room.  I am very lucky to have all these people around, I think sometimes I just miss those far away and those no longer with us a lot on these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment