Wednesday 20 June 2018

Summer Sitters

We are so lucky that our poor summer pet sitters did not leave the day after they arrived.  Everything seemed to go wrong, they arrived to a full on Monsoon; ridiculous rain, floods, and winds greeted them off the plane.  Then they woke up yesterday to un working toilets and both water heaters in the showers broken.  But luckily for us Jacki and Adrian are wonderful people and just took it all on the chin.  Last night we went out for a lovely French meal (as one does in Thailand) and we had a great night getting to know these fabulous people.  Lola has taken to them immediately and it does not look like she is really bothered that we are going away and today we finally have some sunshine.  
 They did eat Thai for their first two meals, so thought we would take them to another restaurant we like.
 I finally had the tiramisu that I have been craving for ages.

Lola looking happy and ready for an exciting summer with some new faces.
Today is the last day of school with the kids and I just cannot wait to get on that plane.  Teachers don't really follow calendar years, we follow the yearly school calendar.  And this teaching year is one of the worst I have ever had.  I know I should not blame Phuket for that, but it has totally changed how I feel about being here.  I am hoping that a long break will help me come back positive and refreshed for the year ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment