Saturday 14 April 2018

Khao Sok Dam and Hike

Khao Sok is just beautiful and really the dam is just like a dream.  I did not get to relive this dream this time as they have changed the rules and Lola no longer allowed.  This meant that we chilled in the 40 degree heat while the rest went for a boating adventure.  There was no way I was not making them go and so happy I did as I heard there were tears of joy when they got to the swimming stop.  I sent Luis with them as he is much better at talking to the drivers and got them their own private spot to swim.
 Our jungle homes


The boat trip I missed.  This is where I should have taken a picture of me and Lola looking sorry for ourselves in the parking lot.
Some jungle trekking
We then headed off to our next destination, Koh Lanta, stopping in one of our favourites Happy Veggie.


We met up with Richard and Sara and their kids for cocktails and dinner which was lovely.
On our way to bed we saw a lizard on the moon which was pretty amazing.  I am now waiting for all to wake up, feeling slightly nervous as we really and truly are roughing it here and wondering how all survived the night!

No comments:

Post a Comment