Tuesday 14 June 2016

Winding up at Another School

I think finishing up at a school is a pretty emotional time, well more than all the other jobs I have had and probably even more so as an International teacher. You are saying good bye to kids, some whom you have become very fond of, teachers who are also your social network (which I did not find an UK), and a country you have called home for at least a couple of years.  This move is even more crazy as I have so much to do with a wedding in 11 days and a move to Thailand that I have no emotions to give right now.  But I do know, it will hit me, maybe when I am on the plane to Barbados, maybe when I am on the plane to Thailand but it will.  Luckily, I still have a week or so here in Quito after the wedding, before Phuket, but it will be different, pretty empty for me then.
I have a couple more days at the school, it is crazy busy with graduations and getting all the grades in and cleaning up (this is the worst for me).  But I am enjoying the lovely warm evenings and trying to soak up loads of our beautiful view, as I am not sure I will ever match it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment