Monday 9 March 2015

The Future of Education

I am now back at my desk in Quito reflecting on the Innovate conference I was at last week. It was really so inspiring, so many good ideas, insightful research and enthusiastic educators. Nothing was too far fetched from what I already know from being a teacher and see around me, the traditional model of education that most of us grew up with has no place in the future of education, in fact it probably never did but now we have research to prove it. I think people want to dismiss this quickly as we were all taught that way and we are clever and produced geniuses. But if we can take this even further, make it better, surely we should and if we do not, and ignore all the evidence surely we are failing our kids. I hope in my career I see the traditional model being thrown out the window, and being replaced with integrated methods, project based learning and other models that some schools around the world are using.
I am also thinking about how much I loved Brazil, the people, the music, the food, and of course the caiprihinis.




I had an amazing experience, a bit tired today but cannot wait to go back and explore Brazil further.

No comments:

Post a Comment