Thursday 11 October 2012

Airports

I think the film Love Actually became one of my favourite films in the first five minutes when Hugh Grant is describing how he feels about watching people in arrivals at an airport. I, like Hugh's character, think they are amazing places to watch people. They are filled with so many emotions; excitement, love, joy, sadness to name a few. I never realised this or took the time to look around and watch until just over ten years ago when my relationship with airports and in particular Toronto airport changed forever. When flying into that airport was one of the most difficult times of my life, where exiting from the safety of the baggage pick up, into the real world meant everything became a bit too real and life would never be the same again. It is a moment that I relive every time I fly into Toronto airport, and although the initial landing always takes me back I not only remember the sadness but I also remember all the love and support I had that day (and continue to have). And now every time I go to an airport to collect someone or arrive in one I always take the time to look at the people and if anyone was doing the same tonight at Toronto airport they would have seen a very excited girl happily reunited with her wonderful father. I am so excited to be here after way too long and look forward to the following nine days spending time with my loving father, fabulous God mother and some of my oldest, nearest and dearest friends.
PS- if you fall into one of those categories, I hope you have the white wine and bubbles chilled :)

Arriving to my Dad not wearing his cow boy hat, which is fairly incredible, he usually is the British/Ontario cow boy (without a horse or boots, but the proper hats)!

No comments:

Post a Comment