Thursday 28 June 2012

School's Out

Yippee, in a few short hours, the summer holidays will officially begin!  Yesterday was the last day with the kiddies and today we are just dotting some i's and crossing some t's.  And what a great year it has been, my colleagues have been fantastic, the students are brilliant and I have learnt so much.  Before I came here I was so concerned to teach at a private school, I always swore that I would never do this.  In fact, I think I can be a bit of a reverse snob sometimes.  But I have learnt so much this year, kids are just kids, and they all have their growing pains, no matter how much money they don't or do have.  It has been a real eye opener for me and although I would still like to teach  less fortunate children somewhere in my future, my time at this school has helped me to grow as a teacher and also as a person.





One of the Science teachers had us at her amazing flat for drinks and BBQ.  It was a great way to kick off the celebrations that will continue for the next seven weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment