Tuesday 20 September 2011

Not so Perfect Afterall!

So the book I read, Swiss Watching (referred to in earlier post),  it contained loads of little facts about Switzerland, some I have heard about, some that were new to me.  Many I thought could not be entirely true and almost all have been proven to be right (do not even get me started on the different tax rates for men and women, as women of course only work for pleasure).  Anyways, one that is definitely true is how clean the place is.  Every morning my street is either water downed, swept or someone comes and picks up litter.  A night after any sort of event in a park or city center you would never have an idea that anything happened.  And it is funny how quickly you get accustomed to this, when back in Britain in August I was horrified at the mess at the balloon festival and I had only been here 10 days.  But it seems not everywhere is so pristine clean.  I was almost gloating to myself when we came across this little bit of stream on our walk on Saturday.  In a bizarre way this discovery felt like a minor victory for the rest of the world, seems not all of Switzerland is so bloody clean!

No comments:

Post a Comment