Wednesday 28 February 2024

Taipei 101

Our last evening we went downtown to see Taipei 101, one of the tallest buildings in the world.  As I mentioned in an earlier post it is quite amazing the behaviour of the children here.  It reminded me of our trip to Seoul, all the children were dressed beautifully and seemed super well behaved.  In fact, like Seoul everyone seems immaculately dressed and straight from a salon.  I would like to think our children were a bit freer but I cannot be sure this is the case.  One thing I have loved is the order that I miss from Switzerland even if it drove me crazy in the end there.  When I moved to Quito I remember how people took an escalator drove me nuts, as it does in Thailand.  Everyone stands anywhere and you can never get by if you want to go faster.  I was very use to the Swiss way with rules on escalators, or with anything really.  

It is sad how much joy this gave me!







This was super cool.  The ball that stabilizes the building in earthquakes or/and typhoons.  There were videos to show you what happens in this case. 



On the sky deck we were in the clouds.  The kids loved it.


No comments:

Post a Comment