Thursday 17 August 2023

World Cup Semi-Final Winners

GO ENGLAND! GO WOMEN! It was so moving watching England beat Australia in the World Cup football 2023 semi-final last night.  One because England won.   But two, as I watched Sebastian watch the game I realised he just saw the game as a 'football match' not a 'women's football' but just a match.  The pubs were over flowing and I heard so many excited conversations about the level of football and predictions.  It feels like in the last few years, women's football has just taken off and I think will just open the doors for other sports to follow.  I feel excited and hopeful.  

Lucy and family had us over to watch the match.

Sebastian was excited to see his team winning.
Tie die twinning.
Making new friends.
All the emotions at the end.  I felt for Australia, getting so close and not to make the final at home.  We will be watching again Sunday :)

No comments:

Post a Comment