Friday 28 August 2020

Tough Week Great Ending

 It has been a crazy week and the start of teaching online.  The last time I have felt so out of depth is when I first became a teacher.  I am teaching a new course and have a new role and feel very unprepared.   It has also hit me very hard that Lola is not with us and I really am not sure when and how we will make this happen.  I think in Barbados I just told myself it was holiday time and often she could not come but now it is different.  And how can this possibly be our home without her?  There have been more than a few tears.  Lockdown also ended and if I am honest our initial exploration of the island was a little disappointing.  Hurricane Dorian and Covoid have hurt this island in the last year and it shows.  But then Friday came and we hit our two local bars/restaurants both a short walk from our house.   And they are amazing, everyone made us feel so welcome.  It made all the difference.  Also, the staff at the school have also done their best to make us feel so welcome.  All and all feeling better then I was yesterday!

My classroom








Banana Bay, so beautiful, a walk down the beach

Our bar, right next bar.  Everyone was very welcoming and friendly.

No comments:

Post a Comment