Sunday 30 August 2020

Alison and Simon

 We got invited to someone's home for dinner!  I think this is a first, I am definitely the first person to have a dinner party in a new situation.   Alison and Simon have come to teach here from the UK via Chicago (having worked four years there).  Simon is an Engineering/Design Technology teacher and Alison works as a nanny.  The best part is she is fantastic and a nanny to Sebastian.  Luis was so sure he would cry for hours when we first left him.  But nope, he took to Alison right away.  There were a few tears, but actually not more than usual in the morning.  SO far we are the new teacher group as the others are still stuck in Florida awaiting borders to open up again.  We will have another big meal when they arrive for sure.

Sebastian loved this dog.
Pre drink and snack

Sebastian murdering a gin and tonic with vegetables.
A lovely evening with two lovely people.  I am super thankful they are here.  Oh, and I have to mention the gender reveal we watched at the common swimming pool.  Nice idea, throwing darts at balloons and then the one with pink or blue powder inside was the sex.  Not my thing at all, but it was nice to watch. Until!  They found out it was a girl, the huge disappointment by all was so obvious.  And even mentioned.  It really got my goat!  Anyways, that is my ramble on the matter.


No comments:

Post a Comment