Thursday 26 March 2020

Pool and Beach

It took us almost a week to get to the beach for the first time but I guess this visit is so very different than all my others.  It is so strange not seeing any friends and very little family so far into our trip. Poor Sebastian cannot understand why everyone he does meet does not give him a cuddle, he is dying to be held by someone other than us. But of course, it is necessary to keep the virus at bay and keep people safe.  I must add here that I have been super impressed by the way Barbados has handled it so far.  Many restaurants and businesses have close up, not because they have been told too but to keep their customers and staff as safe as possible.  I see orderly very spaced out queues at places that are still open, I know many people are trying to stay home as much as possible and the people I have seen around seem happy and just going about their day to day business.   We have spent the most time at home, have set up a pool for Sebastian but did manage a quick swim at beautiful Carlise Bay yesterday.





 I almost forgot how beautiful Barbados is.  It just shocks me every time, Carlise Bay was just spectacular yesterday and empty.


1 comment: