Saturday 10 August 2019

The Let Down (not Sebastian!)

I am so over the moon to have Sebastian, I never thought it would happen and I feel extremely happy it did.  That is the truth.  But that does not mean it is easy.  Over the last couple years with the ectopic pregnancy, the struggles of getting pregnant, being pregnant, the birth process and now being a new Mum, I realise how much about having babies is not discussed and how many women suffer. There is little discussion and preparation of many of these things.  The hormones are all over the place, the recovery from the birth is long, the extreme exhaustion and I could write loads about the pressure and extreme difficulty of breast feeding .  Never mind the judgement you feel all the time about being a bad Mum, whether there is any or not.  Therefore, I was thrilled to see the first episode of The Let Down, recommended to me by my sister.  It is fantastic and really seems to cover having babies a thousand times more realistically than Hollywood.  I hope these shows keep coming and the joys but also pains of babies is more openly discussed.
Again, I am over the moon to have this little gem.  I know how lucky we are to have him and i love him more and more every day (which seems impossible).  Just think it is so important to discuss the whole process openly without it seeming like something mummies have to keep to themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment