Tuesday 21 August 2018

Vegan and First Days

The first day of school with the students was also the start date of my 'put my money where my mouth is and give up all animal products'.  I am sure it will not be easy but I am going to try very hard to go vegan. I do think it is the right thing to do, health wise, environment wise and my biggest reason the animals.  Recently I have seen posts about ethical farming, and I just think what garbage.  Who in the world defined ethical farming, I can assure you not the animals! If people want to eat meat, I think that is their choice and I would never argue with them, however call a spade a spade, there is no nice way to kill an animal for your benefit.  There are really cruel ways, like factory farming, but no way is a nice way.
Okay, small lecture over, but it is my blog and I can write what I want.
Now on to the first days of school, I can tell you this is the first year that I have really gone in feeling what is the point.  I feel like I am on a hamster wheel, doing the same thing every year and making no impact on the world at all.  And it would be nice to feel like one does.  This is obviously not the best way to start a new year and I am happy to report that after day two with the kiddos I am feeling much better.  I can do this!
 Lovely husband in full support of my choice, I came home to a fully delicious vegan supper.
My new Year 7's created this beautiful colourful display board!  Upping my game now, feeling inspired again (hopefully it lasts).

No comments:

Post a Comment