Thursday 16 August 2018

Durian

First week back at work and the struggle is real and the kids have not even arrived yet!  But it is great to get back into some sort of routine and normal life.  It is also wonderful starting a third year at a school, you pretty much know how everything runs and what to expect.  I imagine it gets even easier starting a fourth year but I would not know as never made it that far before.  We have had a week of meetings and getting ready and now I just want the kiddies back.  I have also started back at the Muay Thai gym, which has been fantastic (never mind I am in the worst shape ever after this summer).

After the session I tried for the first and last time, Durian, the notoriously bad smelling Thai fruit.  This fruit is banned from hotels and many public places due to its horrible smell.  I had heard that it actually tastes quite good, so I braved it today when offered.  Well it doesn't taste so good, not as bad as the smell but certainly I am not running out to buy more!  Only one more day left till weekend, happy to be back at work but still a weekend is a weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment