Monday 8 January 2018

Errr... IKEA

A few months ago our friend Luke rented our second house and within about two minutes his house looked like a home and ours still a holiday villa.  Since then I have really wanted to transform our house into a home and decided since our return to do this.  We hired someone yesterday to put proper picture hooks in our cement walls so I could hang the paintings, we went to IKEA on the weekend to order furniture and today was building day.  We made such good progress on the guest bed frame and I was going to be so happy to post pictures of our new improved home.  But no, IKEA forgot to send one piece, or it was missing from the boxes or whatever, and a major piece.  So frustrating!  It means the finished pictures of the house are delayed but we did learn that we are a great flat pack building team, even Lola joined in.


 Okay, Lola didn't really do any work but she did stay in the room for moral support.
We had the bed almost complete within an hour, with no mistakes (I have learnt over my many IKEA years to now read everything carefully before beginning).  It looks like another trip tomorrow (I will try and keep my cool).  On a positive note, my first day back to school was not as horrible as I expected, I may even try leaving my classroom tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment