Tuesday 26 December 2017

Christmas Down Memory Lane

We woke up to a beautiful cold snowy winter wonderland Christmas morning.  The sky was blue and the snow sparkled in the sunshine.  This to me looked fantastic from the inside but was a little cold for me to venture out for too long.  We had a nice morning, just the five of us, then played in the snow (some longer than others) and then went to the Duimstra Christmas party.  The Duimstra's, are our neighbours and friends, they are people that we spent many Christmas days with, New Years parties and many more events together.   Fred and Donna were very good friends of our parents and their three boys use to torment me growing up (made me catch frogs and snakes, etc).  I have very fond memories of our times together and it was so nice of us to invite us again this year.  Fred is the only one left out of the four, Mum, Donna and now Dad dying way before their time.
 My ten minutes in the snow
 Freda's first Christmas

 Ritchie, the eldest Duimstra son and host of Christmas


 Me, Fred, Nicola and Freda
 There was a huge hockey game going on down stairs.  
 Me and Scott.  We use to walk around holding hands all the time when we were very small
It was such a lovely evening and I am so happy that we went.  It made Christmas a really nice day.  

No comments:

Post a Comment