Monday 24 April 2017

Midlife Reflections

Well I have been forty for a few days, midlife, and there have been no melt downs or evidence on an upcoming midlife crisis.  I would like to think that this is because midlife is actually now 50, but who knows I guess we could all go at any time really (pleasant thought!).
I had a wonderful birthday weekend and I plan to continue to have an amazing year of forty.  I have my list of forty things all compiled and ready to start. If I finish them all I will have had a pretty accomplished year and will post them as I go.
I have spent some time looking back on the first forty years of my life and I can say they have been fairly eventful and happy.  I have been lucky enough to have fantastic parents, albeit my mother for a much shorter time then I should have had her for.  Still, I feel very lucky to have had her at all.  My father is pretty much the most fabulous father I know and I just adore him.  I have a beautiful sister, brother in law and now the best niece ever! And let's not forget my amazing extended family, as all our friends can a test to who came to our wedding.  
I have been lucky enough to live in six different countries and have wonderful friends all over the world reflecting this.  And currently I have a job I love, in a country that I love with a man that I love.  
But there is still loads to do, my list of things to do in the (hopefully) next half of my life is long.   So keep watching this space.
My sister and husband sent me this card and I just love it!  I thought it was a good one for this post and it is how I plan to continue my exercising!
I know I am repeating myself, I just feel so lucky to have the life I have had so far.  And especially the last year of my thirties that I spent married to the most amazing man and whom I cannot wait to spend the rest of my life with!  I love you Luis!
And to top it all off, I still have the most amazing dog, who every day makes me smile and laugh!  

No comments:

Post a Comment