Tuesday 11 April 2017

Bagan, Myanmar

Wow. I am not sure there are any words that can describe this place. Amazing, beautiful, unique, special, all seem to over used to use. I had seen pictures, I sort of knew what to expect but really I had no idea. The temples are spectacular, 2000 ancient temples scattered around us. Bagan has two areas, Old Bagan and New Bagan, but both feel as though you have been transported back in time. And the people, are just so friendly and happy. I have the same feeling as I did years ago when I visited some villages in Ethiopia that really people have yet to be corrupted by Western wants (lacking the right words). That there is simplicity and happiness in what they have without the race to have more. And of course there is progress here as there should be. Access to better education, health care, sanitation are all important and well deserved and the people should have all the same opportunities that I have. It is just when you walk around and see so many children playing, adults singing and playing music together, eating together, laughing together and then you go to a tourist restaurant and no one is speaking as all looking at their devices you do begin to wonder.












Having the best time!



No comments:

Post a Comment