Saturday 11 February 2017

Ecua Debrief and Crepes

Last night we were invited to a get together to meet the parents of a lady at school, Cindy.  Her father recently travelled around Ecuador and was keen to share his experiences with Luis.  It was actually a really fitting way to spend our evening as he reminded us a lot of my father and it was my Dad's birthday.  The three of us chatted about Ecuador and here is the amazing part, in Spanish!  I did most of the listening, chiming in here and there with an all important 'Si', but more importantly I understood everything.  

 Crepes, yum yum. She even had Canadian Maple syrup.  In fact they had loads of international things going on.  From Maple syrup, Scottish Whiskey to Saki.

 She had a French theme for the nibbles, as she is from France.
I just love meeting parents.  Sadly, my French is ridiculously poor so I only had an extremely limited hello and how are you conversation with Mum.
And a BIG HUGE Happy Birthday to my wonderful father!

No comments:

Post a Comment