Wednesday 8 February 2017

Bang Baan Jo

I had almost forgotten about this time of year, not since Basel have I had weeks like this where work is crazy and I feel like I am treading water all the time.  On top of that it is a very busy time for our guest house.  And of course this is good but it does add to the work load quite a bit.
But what does help me destress before I go totally crazy is my long daily walks on the beach and in our village.  I have posted loads of pictures of our beautiful beach but not any of the village we live in, Bang Baan Jo.
 This is the house across the street, just as we exit onto our 'main' road.
 This is our neighbour proper B and B (I often use as a land mark)
 This is one of two spots where many families live just beside us.  Very happy people, always smiling and friendly. 
 The posh villas at the end of our road, I send our guests there for coffee
 Views all around us
 Okay not the Andes or the Alps but I love our little rolling mountains (okay hills)
 One of two local shops just across the road.  The lady in this one is fabulous, she helps us with loads and is just super friendly.
 One of Luis's daily lunch spots ($1.50 for a big lunch), usually closed by the time I walk by.
So this is our little village that we love.  There are also loads of dogs that are warming up to us, I think they only want to half eat Lola these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment