Saturday 13 February 2016

Ready Steady Cook

Ready Steady Cook is a show I use to watch in the UK, basically a cooking competition between two regular people.  At the end of each show they had (or have, not sure if it runs still) a cook off between two professional chefs giving them each five or so ingredients and time limit.  The other night we found ourselves with little food in the fridge and decided to have our own version.  We took turns choosing our items and had one hour to cook our master pieces.  It was an intense hour, well for me, Luis seemed very confident right from the beginning.  I attempted some version of an aubergine lentil curry and him a quinoa, veggie soup.  After we were finished we took the dishes down stairs to be tasted by Dylan and Jodi, the judges.  They were very critical and gave us some positive feed back and suggestions for the future.  Unaware of which dish belonged to who they cast their votes independently on pieces of paper.  The results can be found in the last picture.







As one may imagine this was hard for me to post, I lost! Not even a draw.  I have learnt one important thing from this though, Luis is a far better winner than I will ever be.

No comments:

Post a Comment